Wednesday 13 July 2011

UB40 frontman Ali Campbell revealed today by Birmingham band blew cash

FORMER UB40 frontman Ali Campbell revealed today by Birmingham band blew cash on a lavish lifestyle and now receives royalties for his music.

T In The Park

Mr Campbell revealed how he warned his fellow Birmingham band members have tried and bankruptcy in 2008 before the acrimonious split with the group was on their card, in an exclusive interview with the Mail.

He said, “This is the very reason why I left the band. This was my biggest fear when I was with them, that bankruptcy was going to happen and no one can say I didn’t warn them.”

The band sold 70 million albums and had over 50 hit singles.

Yet Mr Campbell admits that she no longer any group of songs for theRed Red Wine, which still enjoy plenty of radio play, including views of devastation as royalties, are received. He also admitted the band at the height of his fame blew a lot of cash.

“In the 1980s we were living in five-star hotels and we got through a lot of money,” he added, although he could still not understand how the group has ended up penniless.

He added, “I’m angry about what happened. I’d like to know how it came to this and why weren’t the other guys listening to me when I started to flag these money problems up.”

The remaining members of the band anymore about anything, including his brothers. He said, “They decided to back the management and not me, I’m still very bitter about it”.

Mr. Campbell said the new group Dep band, which includes former UB40 keyboardist Mickey Virtue has been touring with his new solo career.

He added, “I’m happy to be in control now. I’d never go back to UB40, to me that would be a step backwards.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The superior quality and location of Birmingham hotels will make every trip a pleasure. For business travel, the hotels in Birmingham are best option for persons visiting Birmingham.
Birmingham Hotels